[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #12

Marco Cecchetti mrcekets at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:52:31 PDT 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:33:31 +0200, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Marco Cecchetti wrote:
>> What left ?
>> -----------
>> 1- date/time, footer and page number text fields on master page are
>>    not yet displayed with the new layout of exported text shapes;
>>
>> 2- animation involving text paragraph;
>>
>> 3- selecting text causes to switch automatically to the next slide;
>>
>> 4- text decorations (underline, strike-through) are not yet supported;
>>
>> 5- adjusting text when the font used is not the one required;
>>
>> 6- shadowed, outlined, embossed and engraved text is not supported;
>>
>> 7- exporting embedded svg image natively, without transforming them
>>    into a bitmap and back.
>>
>> I'll spend the last gsoc week in providing as much as possible of
>> the above features. Any preference ?
>>
> Hi Marco,
>
> so sorry for leaving you without response for so long, but I'm
> confident you chose wisely. :)
>
> (was out in the woods, and ran out of battery - my totally
> irrelevant ordering of the above would have been {1,2}, then
> {3,4,5}, then {6,7})

Hi Thorsten,
don't worry, no problem.
At present I have provided (1), (2) partially (entrance and exit
effects work, while there is no support for effects involving
font properties and changing font colors; there is no support for
effect that works by word or by character), (3) and another
feature I didn't listed above: hyperlinks.
I added support both to web links and to intra-document
slide links.

I've not yet tackled (4), (5), (6), (7).

Cheers,
-- Marco