(great) widget layout progress

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Aug 22 09:08:16 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 17:55 +0200, khagaroth wrote:
> How much work would it be to make this directly use gettext? I thought
> the long term goal was to switch from custom translation formats to
> gettext, so using yet another custom translation format for something
> like this seems a bit odd.

	We had a prototype patch to use gettext on top of a key-id translation
(IIRC). Unfortunately, despite the apparent simplicity of the patch,
gettext started returning the most amazing results - perhaps some
threading issue or ...

	I'd like to see some live/gettext integration working first ;-) clearly
for translators to be able to see the results of their work quickly
would be just wonderful - Andras is the expert here.

	ATB,

		Michael.