tail_build fail on missing includes

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:54:48 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomáš,
>
> On 23 August 2012 20:38, Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not exactly sure why the deps are not picked by
>> gbuild but when I fiddled with it and added the direct dep over
>> sfx2_inc the code built bit further and again it died on missing
>> svtools_inc. When that worked it proceeded to another module, where it
>> again failed on some missing includes. This leads me to conclusion
>> that there must be something systematic wrong.
>
> Well, it should work like this (simplifying):
> avmedia links against (and depends on) sfx and sfx depends on sfx2_inc package.

on face value that would not be enough: the dep on sfx _library_ does
not prevent the compile of avmedia source... only the link
so I suspect that if is avmedia_inc that depend on sfx2_inc  (and the
compile of avmedia do depend on avmedia_inc

anyhow... you are prolly right nonetheless with --merged-libs, since
the dep avmedia_inc -> sfx2_inc is probably introduced by the use_libs
api... which --merged-libs prolly mess with

Norbert