Bug 38840 - Adding coverage analysis to unit tests

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 03:32:52 PDT 2012

On 24/08/12 12:11, John Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:

>> so looking at a few bits where i'm familiar with the tests tests like:
>>
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/lcov_reports/master~2012-08-22_09.11.23/sax/source/tools/converter.cxx.gcov.html
>>
>> it seems quite plausible.
>>
>> but looking at
>>
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/lcov_reports/master~2012-08-22_09.11.23/unoxml/source/dom/node.cxx.gcov.html
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/lcov_reports/master~2012-08-22_09.11.23/unoxml/source/rdf/librdf_repository.cxx.gcov.html
>>
>> some functions that are definitely tested like
>> librdf_Repository::querySelect or CNode::insertBeforeshow up entirely
>> un-executed.
>>
> I did have one test fail. See the 'make check failure' thread:
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/make-check-failure-td4002979.html
> Could that explain the omission ?

of course it could, i wasn't connecting those threads :)

>> are you running the JUnit based tests as well?  i.e. if you use
>> --without-java or --without-junit, that would negatively affect the test
>> coverage.
>>
> Im not excluding java or junit. My full configure line is :
>
> LDFLAGS+='-fprofile-arcs' CFLAGS+='-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage' \
> CXXFLAGS+='-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage' CPPFLAGS+='-fprofile-arcs
> -ftest-coverage' \
> ../configure --disable-odk --with-system-libcmis=no --with-system-hsqldb=no \
> --with-system-saxon=no --with-system-libs
>

>> these are run during "make subsequentcheck", you should have files like
>> workdir/*/JunitTest/unordf_complex/done.log.
>>
> Yes, I have a few of those.

ok then i guess the test wasn't run because of the previous failure; if
that failure happens every time for you, then you can disable the test
locally by commenting out the line sc.ScAccessiblePageHeaderArea in
sc/qa/unoapi/sc.sce and try again.