Help Locating Base Code

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Aug 30 22:10:28 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:21:24AM +0100, Mark Stanton wrote:

>> Oh - database expert, that's Lionel :-)  But of course, having more
>> database experts would be great!

> I intended that to be me.  Having spent more than twenty years
> writing them I thought I might qualify.

Cool! I'm already rejoicing at the idea of having you around. Welcome.

Do you intend to be mainly in

1) "pure database" stuff (drivers, SQL parsing and generation, ...)

or also dig into

2) stuff more around it, like e.g. the report builder and the forms
   system?

There is certainly a need for more manpower in number 1 (there is
always a need for more...), but number 2 has IMHO some of the most
urgent / important matters open. And maybe more importantly, I'm
better at number 1 than number 2, so the need is more desperate.

> I'm reading the lists (here, dev & qa) regularly, but unfortunately
> at the moment I'm bogged down (...).

> I hope to be "here" in a month or two.

We'll be waiting. See you soon.

--