[API] Some more cleanup ideas

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Dec 3 04:08:40 PST 2012

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens píše v Po 03. 12. 2012 v 12:53 +0100:

> > Based on the discussion on the IRC, I've used 'lo::' in the patch,
> > instead of the too generic 'api::'.
>
> For the record, I don't like lo. First, it is redundant
> ("LibreOffice, well sure, I knew what I was git-cloning!!1!"),
> second, it is too close to this colloquial English label for the
> dumping place ... ;)

OK - so now we are getting to some _real_ bikeshedding ;-)

While nobody will be asking "what does colloquial English label for the
dumping place do in the code", the concern with "css" is real, mainly
around filters.

Regarding git cloning - my hope is that in the long run we will be able
to transit even the usage of 'com.sun.star' in the Java api and rdb and
Python and everywhere some way - and there _some_ prefix fits.  I am
happy to go ahead with "lo", "uno", "bla", "ugh", or whatever that is
not widely confused with another technology - ie. no "css", "com",
"cpp"...

Can we end up with something constructive here?

Thank you,
Kendy