Reworking the MSVC-related build options

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Tue Dec 4 12:16:49 PST 2012

Good evening Tor, all

Le Tue, 04 Dec 2012 07:24:18 +0100, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> a écrit:

>>> Does anybody use VS Express 2010?
>
>> Me, me, me !!! :-)
>
> OK, will have to test with that, too, then...

I could if you push a branch somewhere

>>> --dotnet-framework-home
>
>> This one, because /lib/mscoree.lib is not where you expect it (In my
>> case,
>> in an SDK 6 subfolder)
>
> OK, still that should be automateable, I hope.

Yes. I think it resolves to check for mscoree.lib in current Win SDK, then
search in the other WinSDKs.

>>> --windows-sdk-home
>>
>> This one was required to use latest SDK with not latest VS, like VS2008
>> (which comes with SDK 6) and SDK 7.1
>
> OK. But does one actually win anything by using a newer SDK than the
> one that cvame with the compiler, *when building LibreOffice*? (I used
> to have the 7.1 one myself, too, can't remember why. Anyway, it caused
> horrible problems when uninstalling and re-installing VS2010...)

Well, as soon as you have more than one version of SDK, it could be a pain.

>>> --directx-home
>
>> Well, you can find it in registry, but there is no standard variable
>> that
>> points to it.
>
> But oowintool manages to find it, so it can't be impossible? Or is
> that just some versions of the DirectX SDK? As the latest DirectX SDK
> seems to be the June 2010 one, isn't it, could one assume that
> everybody should have that by now? (Is that really the latest? Has
> that technology then been merged into something else SDK-wise?)

oowintool provides nothing to this regard currently. We define the
argument for it.
I tried to find a way to find it, but found none.

HTH
--
Mat M