[Libreoffice-qa] 4.0 Test week/marathon Re: [...-qa] 3.7 bug hunt party ?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Dec 4 15:25:49 PST 2012

Hi Petr, *,

Looking at the possible planning:

Petr Mladek wrote (03-12-12 16:29)

> I am happy to hear from you.

Glad to read - thanks!

> Cor Nouws píše v Ne 02. 12. 2012 v 23:34 +0100:
>> After the few initial mails about this, and looking at 'the' agenda, I
>> propose the following:
>>
>> Have either
>>     a)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test Week from Monday 10 - Sunday 16th
>
> I am slightly scared what would happen if beta1 is not usable in the
> end. Today's build still seems to work but people are still pushing last
> minute features... :-)

Hmmm, wasn't the idea that you had a Alpha build to prevent the Beta1 to
go wrecked?
Could you be so kind to discuss this in the ESC so that we know what is
to be expected for the next release. And maybe we need to extend the
time from beta1 to release, to plan an extra beta...

>> or
>>     b)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test marathon from Thursday 13 - Wednesday 19th
>
> We will already have freeze for beta2 at this point but it still looks
> like the best compromise to me. Well, I might be to pessimistic ;-)

Beta2 is to be released between 17 and 23? Then we have no time to wait
for that to be released, if we want to test before Xmas...

When is the freeze for RC1 planned? It would be useful to have testing
done so that the devs that are available, could do something with the
result before the RC1?

Cheers,

--
  - Cor