recent git master branch : crash instead of error popup

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sat Dec 8 16:53:14 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-08 at 22:21 +0100, Olivier Ploton wrote:
> Version 4.1.0.0.alpha0+ (Build ID: b0ea6f1343be4be7e96ba165d9daead8fc18514)
>
> Launch libreoffice.
> Create a new database.
> Edit a new query inside SQL view.
> Type in some garbage, e.g.    xxxxxxxxx
> Run query.
> LO crashes.
>
> With a production version, one gets an error popup window
> containing "Syntax Error in SQL expression".

I have created fdo#58035 "CRASH segfault from invalid SQL statement".

The bug report shows my operating system and processor architecture.
Olivier, if yours are different, can you change the wrong field to
"all"?

> (really a bug or did I mess up something with my git clone directory ?)

A bug, I think.

fdo#47209 "In SQL mode in Queries, Base crashes when a second SELECT
followed by quotes is entered." might be the same.  But bugzilla makes
it easier to mark one bug as a dup of another than to split one bug
into two, so I created a new bug report.

HTH,
Terry