Installing our CLI DLLs on Windows XP SP3 with .NET 2.0 and 3.5 (but no newer) fails

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:10:59 PST 2012

Hi Tor,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
> This is probably nothing new, but something I just recently became
> aware of, using my build from the libreoffice-4-0 branch. I am not
> sure if I have interpreted my testing correctly, please discuss.

You probably built with .NET 4.0 SDK. There is a CustomAction in
installer that checks for the required .NET version, which is 2.0.0.0
at the moment.
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/setup_native/source/win32/customactions/shellextensions/dotnetcheck.cxx#128
Either we can bump this (REQUIRED_DOTNET_VERSION) to 4.0.0.0 or we
should make sure that we use older .NET SDK. I'm happy with both
options. Are there any users of this assembly at all? It is either
perfect, or there are no users, because I have not seen any bug
reports related to this feature.

Best regards,
Andras