Gerrit - issue submitting a patch

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:18:12 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> I never used it, never quite got the point of it... but clearly some
>> other people found it useful...
>>
> I used it, and so did Kohei - as a means to create cheap local
> clones. There were a few glitches though all the time, e.g. Cloph a
> few times complained about tinderbox breakages b/c of spurious tree
> changes.
>
> I would personally not invest the time to properly fix it these days,
> disks are cheapish and we don't have this load of different repos
> anymore.

maybe a local bare repo could do the trick:

git clone --bare --mirror <remote li>/core /srv/git/core.git

create local clone with

git clone /srv/git/core.git work_core

that should be done with hard-link as possible on linux at least

and then change the push_url on work_core to point back to the remote
libreoffice one

then all you need is a little warpper script (or that can be added to
./g for instance
so that you fetch /src/git/core.git before you pull/fetch from work_dir

note it should be possible too to deal with the submodule registration
in work_core/.git/config so that hey also read from
srv/git/<module>.git and push to the 'right place'

Norbert