Gerrit - issue submitting a patch

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:21:18 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 02:06 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> I never used it, never quite got the point of it... but clearly some
>> other people found it useful...
>>
> I used it, and so did Kohei - as a means to create cheap local
> clones. There were a few glitches though all the time, e.g. Cloph a
> few times complained about tinderbox breakages b/c of spurious tree
> changes.

Not following the thread fully I'm not sure what this is about.  I'm
guessing this is about git-new-workdir vs submodules.

To put it short, I got it to work, and so far I haven't seen any major
issues but some occasional oddities which I just dismiss for now.

> I would personally not invest the time to properly fix it these days,
> disks are cheapish and we don't have this load of different repos
> anymore.

To me git-new-workdir is not about diskspace, but about avoiding the
hassle of managing multiple local repos.  Keeping it in one local repo
make it easier to manage especially when I tend to cherry-pick between
branches quite a lot.

But let's not discuss on this as I'm sure that will lead us nowhere (as
git-new-workdir is something either you get and appreciate, or not at all).

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc