templates.libreoffice.org CMIS/FTP/DAV support

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Wed Dec 12 14:06:58 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 22:01 +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> hmm, I changed the permissions. It worked for me now. You could try the
> URL of the template-center with WebDAV.
>
> http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center

Ok, it works nicely using Nautilus, but nothing shown in the Template
manager (I kind of expected that). I'll try to fix the Template manager
with it.

> It should not be posible to reach the root of the site with anonymus
> WebDAV and it should also not posible to add or write content to the
> template-center or elsewhere without login. Please try that and give me
> short feedback, if that works for you (I want to be sure that there is
> no remaining cookie on my Laptop that makes it possible to access the
> folder.

I'll test that later... first I'ld like to have them appearing in the
dialog. Through WebDAV it won't be possible to show thumbnails for all
files for obvious performances/load reasons... I'll have to add
placeholder pictures.

> Let's try if it works with the current setup. We could later use
> hub.libreoffice.org for setting the path. Thus we could change the
> resource later without any trouble.

Ok.

> > As long as WebDAV is working, we can skip FTP and CMIS for the while. We
> > may need CMIS someday if we want to extract some additional infos on the
> > templates, but that's all.
> Go ahead and test it.

One possible case were we could need CMIS is to transport data like
thumbnails outside the actual template file.

> To see if it works as expected you could use the current setting.

I guess the current problem is that LibreOffice template management
classes are expected only one folder level. I'll see how to improve
that.

Thanks for your quick action.
--
Cedric