Anti-aliasing via GPU

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Fri Dec 14 03:40:42 PST 2012

On 2012-12-14 13:32, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	OK; interesting - if you don't think it's suitable that's fine - I had
> assumed that with the reasonably demanding SVG / HTML5 canvas
> requirements of the browser that it might be a reasonable fit (at least
> to investigate).
It might be. I'm just saying it wasn't designed to be general purpose.
Specifically, its
(a) a stateless API
(b) use floating point, not fixed point, numbers for it's positioning
and geometry APIs.

Whereas Cairo is stateful and fixed point.

And Azure would require spinning out into a separate library.

> 	Indeed - will add it to the list; though it's mostly cairo hackery
> right ?

It's entirely Cairo work. But it won't any traction at all unless a
decent sized project (like us) says that we're willing to actually use it.