[Libreoffice] StarCalc 1.0 to 5.0 filters

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Thu Feb 2 08:01:34 PST 2012

Hi Caolan,

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 10:10 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> binfilter has its *own* typedetection implementation, i.e.
> binfilter/binfilterdetect/source/bindetect BinFilterDetect::detect so,
> in theory at least, it self-contains what it needs to detect the formats
> it imports. So you should be able to hack sc happily without caring
> about it.

Great to hear that.  Will do.

> That said, there appears to be a specific quirk/bug with Star Calc 1.0
> format, calc_StarCalc_10.xcu still has
> "com.sun.star.comp.calc.FormatDetector" as its DetectService instead of
> "com.sun.star.comp.sfx2.BinaryFormatDetector"

Ok. I'll keep the StarCalc 1.0 filter for the time being.  I was really
hoping to remove this one among all of them especially because this one
still is a major user of the old in-house string container
StrData/ScStrCollection, and I'm trying to get rid of them.  But oh
well.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc