[EasyHack] #44681 port to CLucene from java/Lucene

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Feb 13 14:15:40 PST 2012

Hi,

first of all: thanks for this effort, which should have been done when this
lucene dependency was introduced in the first place in OOo times.

But...

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 04:17:49PM +0100, Radek Doulik wrote:
> >   * This implementation is using the master branch of CLucene's git,
> > with clucene-contribs-lib enabled (for CJK support). The released
> > version of CLucene is compatible with Lucene 1.9.x, whereas LibreOffice
> > uses Lucene 2.3.

This is bad. Will that get somewhen released? And is the clucene-contribs-lib
included? (And if separate, how hard is to enable it? Patching it into "proper"
clucene is a no-go.)

As Radek says, we should (if it was only me: must) support building
against "standard" libclucene. And relying on a git snapshot is bad...

> >   * Can someone help to figure out how to make CLucene part of the LO
> > build process? CLucene is using CMake and there seems to be no way to
> > 'make install' the clucene-contribs-lib, so this might be tricky.
>
> This usually done like this, you either use system libraries if
> available or build the package (CLucene in this case) inside LO build
> tree. Look into configure.in, search for cairo for example. Cairo is
> graphic library where we link against system one or build one inside LO.
> Giving Cc to _rene_ and pmladek who know a lot about build process.

Exactly.

But he didn't post *any* makefile, so trying to write a configure check
is moot right now anyways ;-)

Regards,

Rene