[EasyHack] #44681 port to CLucene from java/Lucene

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 04:01:20 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 09:45 +0100, G.H.M.Valkenhoef, van wrote:
> > 
> Yes, I found that java code (the HelpIndexer I refer to). I'll work on
> a patch to replace the XInvocations of the Java code with calls to my
> code.

I can try and knock together a skeleton of a conversion of that Java
component to a C++ component for you to integration the clucene stuff

> > Presumably just editing l10ntools/source/help/makefile.mk and adding
> > another target or so in there will do the trick. I can hook this up
> > and see if how it goes.
> Great, send me a patch if you get it going, then I can work on some of
> the other stuff.

Attached is your code back again but added into the l10ntools
makefile.mk and other build-foo. And a patch to helpcontent2 (different
repository) to use it to build the helpcontent and just use normal zip
to zip them up.

I hacked the helplinker to let the "shared" ones through without error
and cut out the cjk.analyzer for now as I don't happen to have that
compiled up here.

> I've got an update on this: I managed to create all the indexes and
> doing a few searches on both the Java-generated an the C++-generated
> indexes seems to give identical results (at least if I pipe the
> results through sort).

sounds great, as does the other news that building clucene only takes a
short time.


More information about the LibreOffice mailing list