[REVIEW] smoketest -> gbuild, TestExtension.idl needed ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 05:29:06 PST 2012

On 02/14/2012 06:23 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> I also merged sal and sal_textenc (in the --enable-mergelibs case).

I'm not sure this is not counter-productive.  For Android and iOS it
might be vital to get sal_textenc merged, to reduce the overall number
of dynamic libraries.  But for other platforms, it was a deliberate move
to break sal_textenc out of sal to reduce start up time.  As it stands,
sal_textenc requires lots of relocations in data segments that have to
be done by loaders upfront at load time.

Stephan