Changing chart defaults in calc

Dominic Woolf domwoolf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:30:42 PST 2012

Hi

I'm new to this list and don't know my way around the LO code or data
files, but I'm happy to help put some time into developing a solution to
this problem if someone could give me a few pointers about how to get
started.

The default settings for charts are not to everyones taste (symbol size,
gid on/off, axis/title fonts, line width, ticks in/out etc. etc...).  At
present it is necessary to edit all these features on a chart every time
you create one to fit your personal style preferences.  For those of us
that produce a lot of charts/graphs this can be very onerous.  It would be
great to be able to edit and save the default values for all chart
features.  At present only the default colour pallette can be changed.