Changing chart defaults in calc

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Feb 17 13:44:34 PST 2012

Hi Dominic,

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 11:30 -0500, Dominic Woolf wrote:
> I'm new to this list and don't know my way around the LO code or data
> files, but I'm happy to help put some time into developing a solution
> to this problem if someone could give me a few pointers about how to
> get started.

	Sounds lovely :-)

> The default settings for charts are not to everyones taste (symbol
> size, gid on/off, axis/title fonts, line width, ticks in/out etc.
> etc...).

	Right - I always like my stacked charts to be really stacked eg. ;-)

>   At present it is necessary to edit all these features on a chart
> every time you create one to fit your personal style preferences.  For
> those of us that produce a lot of charts/graphs this can be very
> onerous.  It would be great to be able to edit and save the default
> values for all chart features.  At present only the default colour
> pallette can be changed.

	Right. So I guess saving the last settings for each chart type so that
they are the defaults when that is selected again might work for you ? I
guess you want code pointers to where the chart dialog lives ?

chart2/source/controller/dialogs/dlg_CreationWizard.cxx

	is probably your friend.

	for persisting settings, you'll want to use the configuration code
which lurks in configmgr/ (well thats' the implementation of the UNO
interfaces you'll need to use), and the configuration schemas -
describing each key are in officecfg, digging around nearby:

officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/ChartWindowState.xcu

	might help you trace back some of the settings that the Chart stuff
already has (assuming that is the right thing).

	Is that what you're looking for ? hope it helps, as a chart user, I'm
looking forward to seeing what you come up with :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.