Unused solenv tools - can I remove these?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:31:45 PST 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk> wrote:
> Could someone help me figure out whether these solenv tools are used
> anywhere?  :)  I'm trying to shrink the LO Perl line count.
>
> Probably unused:
>
> concat-deps.pl   # recently replaced with a C implementation
yes that can go

> convertlinks.pl    # specific to api.openoffice.org
Then better keep it for now, unless there is a better home for it

> gen_userfeedback_VCL_names.pl

prolly obsolete, since it seems to rely on HID and these have change
drastically since 3.4

> licinserter.pl
That may still be useful on occassion...

> mkdir.pl
I can't imagine why we would need that

> oochkpatch        # Never called?
> oochkpatch.pl     # Used only by oochkpatch

That looks like a hamburg build specific thing... indeed prolly not used anymore

> rmdir.pl
Why would we ever need that ?

> touch.pl             # 4nt support was removed in ae0228c
yes that can go

> Possibly unused:
>
> cleandiff.pl   # used in 'create_patch' target of
> solenv/inc/tg_ext.mk, but I can't find 'create_patch' in any
> makefiles.  Is this likely to be called manually?

yes, I believe that is a helper to generate patch for external libs.
I never used it myself, but taht should prolly be kept around.

> Look unused, but probably aren't:
>
> make_download.pl # looks like it ought to be really important, from the name

I think that is also a remnant of hamburg special build system... I
don;t think that is used by anyone today

> remangle32to64.pl # Committed in Jan 2011, seems relevant to w64 porting.
That one should be ketp, unless Tor says otherwise...

Norbert