[tdf-members] LibreOffice 2012 Conference Location Poll - Preliminary Results

Albert Thuswaldner albert.thuswaldner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:07:52 PST 2012

Hi Thorsten,
Thanks for the update on this poll.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:08, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> the poll for the LibreOffice 2012 conference closed last night. You
> can review the full ballot here:
>
>  https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=2
>
> The preliminary result therefore is:
>
>  Berlin, Germany: 52
>  Zaragoza, Spain: 36
>
> Invalid votes:     3

I just would like to object to the wording "Invalid votes". In fact if
you view the detailed results you see that these three did not vote
for any of the two locations. IMHO I interpret this as these three
being "neutral votes". At least this was my thought when I voted. I
will (sadly enough) not attend the conference and thus for me it was
the right choice (others might have another stance on this)  to stay
neutral with my vote.

It is not a big deal for me, I guess I just want my vote to be
recognized as something else than "invalid".

Best,

/Albert