Minimum Perl version requirement (was: Re: [PUSHED] Replace make_absolute_path with rel2abs in solenv)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 20 08:07:52 PST 2012

Hi Tim,

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 13:47 +0000, Tim Retout wrote:
>     $ corelist File::Spec

	Nice :-)

> Which leads to the question: what is the minimum version of Perl we
> can rely on in LibreOffice?  Currently configure.in checks for Perl 5,

	I poked Fridrich, the oracle on this sort of thing - wrt. our old
build-systems. On windows we have perl 5.10 but on Linux 5.8.8 ( we have
an artificially old Linux machine to produce forward-compatible builds).

> Would it be reasonable to bump the configure.in check to look for Perl
> 5.10, for now?  I might try to replace the macro with one from the
> autoconf archive:

	So I guess 5.8 is a sensible baseline ? or does that loose us some
things we really want ?

	ATB,

		Michael.