Getting debug symbols from single module

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 22 01:51:42 PST 2012

Hi Albert,

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 00:48 +0100, Albert Thuswaldner wrote:
> The old way of getting debug symbols from just a single module:

	That is odd ...

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug#Debugging_symbols
>
> i.e "cd module && make -sr clean && make -srj4 debug=t"

	Ok ?

> doesn't seem to work anymore.

	I always use debug=true but that's prolly just superstition ;-) make
help and the gnu/dmake files suggest that non-empty is fine.

> make <module> -sr debug=t
> make <module> debug=t
> make <module> ENABLE_SYMBOLS=true
>
> Someone who knows how this is done now?

	It should continue to work. What do your compile lines look like ? ie.
omit the '-sr' - do you get the -g and -O0 you want ? Prolly best to
sort it out interactively on IRC if you can poke me / Sweetshark :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.