Visual Studio cppu::bootstrap exception on 3.5.

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 04:09:40 PST 2012

On 02/22/2012 12:13 PM, Martin Thoma wrote:
> To exclude errors in our application, we created a new project and inserted
> the source from
> /sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/SimpleBootstrap_cpp/SimpleBootstrap_cp
> p.cxx
> =>  this works fine in LO 3.4.5., but with 3.5, we get the
> cppu::BootstrapException.

Are you building that SimpleBootstrap_cpp example with the 3.4.5 SDK,
with the 3.5 SDK, or with a hand-crafted build environment of your own?

For 3.5, LO's basis and brand layers have been re-merged into a single
layer, so the paths of lots of files within the LO installation have
changed.

But the "official way," namely using the "simple bootstrap" mechanism
(aka
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>)
and building with the 3.5 SDK, should still work.

Stephan