Regarding development of a feature for Libreoffice Writer

Olivier R. olivier.noreply at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:25:53 PST 2012

Hello,

Atri Sharma wrote

> The system shall be a semantic checker for Writer.Spell checking
> systems have the facility of flagging erratical spellings and suggest
> useful correctiions in most cases.But,we do not have a system which
> can perform semantic checking and corrections.For e.g. if a user types
> 'I apples like' instead of 'I like apples',the spell check will not
> find any error in it,but,our new system will be able to flag the error
> and suggest corrections.
>
> This shall be done using fuzzy string matching and a knowledge base of
> sentence models.The sentence models shall be of format

Have a look on Lightproof, the Python grammar checker:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/lightproof/

Hunspell dictionaries can also be grammatically tagged, though only the
Hungarian dictionary and the French one.
Hunspell documentation:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hunspell/files/Hunspell/

hu:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/dictionaries/hu_HU
hu:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/magyar-mondatellenorzo

fr:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/dictionaries/fr_FR
fr: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/grammalecte

The system shall be in a learning mode initially.Users can point out
> mistakes in the error detection done by the system and the system will
> make a not of the correction by the user.
Adding a feature to Lightproof which would allow users to specify false
positive would be great.

Regards,
Olivier