Regarding development of a feature for Libreoffice Writer

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Feb 28 02:03:12 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 15:19 +0530, Atri Sharma wrote:
> The thrilling part of this project is more about in designing and
> implementing an innovative UI for navigating in the cliparts. The
> connection to openClipart has been implemented a few years ago. Even
> if
> it may need a small cleanup it shouldn't be the biggest part of the
> work.
>

> Need the UI system be completely graphic based?I mean,if we can
> implement a command line system which allows the user to type in a
> complete expression for e.g. 'Yellow and Round',we can search and rank
> the images accordingly and return the results.

Yes, the first thing to be done is the graphical UI part... as the
existing one is bloated and not fit for searching / tagging, etc.

Just to emphasize what I wrote before, the search will be delegated to a
backend we aren't maintaining. We may want to have some local backend...
but that'll come after the UI improvements.

--
Cedric