Most elegant way to disable all BASIC functionality?

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:15:29 PST 2012

Hi Eike,

2012/2/28 Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com>:
> Hi Andras,
>
> On Monday, 2012-02-27 17:02:05 +0100, Andras Timar wrote:
>
>> 2012/2/27 Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com>:
>> > If Security Level is set to Very High and no paths are added to Trusted
>> > Sources, then no BASIC is executed at all (which btw I strongly
>> > recommend as a developer loading bug documents from external sources).
>> > So maybe hard-wiring that setting for the App-Store and not offer the
>> > dialog would be enough?
>>
>> When I set Macro Security Very High, I can still run the Euro
>> Converter Wizard (written in Basic).
>
> I should had restricted "not at all" to "all basic calls emitted by
> a document" ;-)  where basic is called through
> SfxObjectShell::CallBasic()
>
> For functionality that we ship or extensions installed it should not
> matter which language they are written in?!?

I don't know... If I can modify that file (plain text, xml) on the
phone, I can do evil things that Apple didn't approve. Their point is
that all applications must come from the appstore. Extensions,
programmability, etc. are all evil in their eyes. But I know nothing
about iOS, maybe applications are protected and what I wrote is not
applicable.

Andras

I think extensions from external sources are also