[Libreoffice] UPR local host problem

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 02:21:40 PST 2012

On 01/02/2012 11:06 AM, Paul TOTH wrote:
> does anyone know the URP protocol ?
>
> I've found very few information about it
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Remote/Specifications/Uno_Remote_Protocol

But that's as detailed as you can reasonably expect it to be?  ;)
Anyway, I assume your problem is higher up the abstraction hierarchy
than plain URP.  If there were problems establishing localhost
connections, you would get problems already before reaching the
loadComponentFromURL call.

> Le 29/12/2011 11:04, Paul TOTH a écrit :
>> I debug mode, the socket doesn't receveive anything after the message :
>> loadComponentFrom('private_stream', '_blank', ...)
>> and my program is still waiting a reply for ever :(

Does the soffice.bin process hang displaying some message box, awaiting
user input (or rather trying to display such a box, in case of
--headless -- but does that even work on Windows, not sure)?  You might
need to debug soffice.bin to find out more.

Stephan