[Libreoffice] libvisio: how can I help?

Fridrich Strba fridrich.strba at graduateinstitute.ch
Tue Jan 3 13:34:41 PST 2012

Hello, Bruno,

If you are looking at something cool to do inside libvisio, I might have
an idea or two :)

For the while, libvisio is converting binary MS Visio files in versions
6 (Visio 2000 and 2002) and 11 (Visio 2003 -> 2010). There is another
format that Visio can export to, and it is the XML version called also
VDX. This file-format is specified (contrary to the binary one). If you
could come with an abstract SAX interface and implement a parser of this
file-format, it would fill some gap we have. But any bugfix is welcome.

Although in vacation, when I see that someone is interested to work on
libvisio, I wake up to the e-mail writing mode :)

Cheers

F.

On 03/01/12 21:20, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> On 2012-01-03 at 19:23 +0000, Bruno Girin wrote:
>
>>> Fridrich is in vacation this week, so I'll step in :-)
>>> I think you can build Lo and test the heck out of libvisio, fill bug
>>> report when you find some (
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport ) and even better post
>>> patches to fix them on this list :-)
>>>
>>> see : http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development as a starting point :-)
>>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> I'll do that. If I find bugs, I'll fill bug reports and provide patches
>> when I can.
>
> A small missing piece, libvisio's git repo is here:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/libvisio/
>
> Looking forward to the patches! :-)
>
> Regards,
> Kendy

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.