[Libreoffice] OOo issue 101224. could it be a LibO easy hack?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jan 6 02:15:18 PST 2012

Hi Tommy,

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 10:56 +0100, Tommy wrote:
> unfortunately, I'm just an user without coding skills...
> so I can't do the job... I hope that some developer could have the
> interest and time to try working this out.

	I appreciate your interest and desire to have this bug fixed. However -
this is a developer list for discussing concrete development work,
patches, release schedules, questions relating to ongoing development
etc.

	If you cannot work on this, what would be worthwhile is filing a nice
bug with several examples of shared english rules worth moving into a
shared file, add Kendy's information, figure out where the paths of the
relevant files are in the source tree etc. etc. and whack it all into a
single bug. Then mail me privately the bug # and I'll see if we can turn
it into an Easy Hack, it is prolly suitable. Even as a non-developer, if
you spend enough time reading this specific piece of code, I'm convinced
you could make an impact here if you want to.

	Beyond that - cluttering the dev list with myriad feature / bug-fix
requests from non-developers is not going to scale :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.