[Libreoffice] limiting maximum sheet number to 10000 in 32 bit builds

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jan 6 02:27:15 PST 2012

Hi Markus,

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 00:49 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> I'm sorry but I have to correct one of our features from the release
> note page. After some discussion I need to limit the maximum amount of
> sheets in 32 bit builds to 10000 sheets. That should still be much
> more than most people will ever need but we had some adventurous users
> who tried to create 32000 sheets in 32 bit environments.

	Heh :-) sounds reasonable to me.

> Any objections against limiting the number of sheets to 10000 for the
> 32 bit builds and perhaps for 64 bit builds too? I'm sorry for all the
> problems I created with this.

	It's fine :-) it's a great feature; and fixing the features page is
normal enough - it's by no means complete even now.

	Thanks !

		Michael.

PS. I wonder if we should have hooks in our custom allocator to allow
memory usage to be artificially limited to some low number for unit /
torture testing: OTOH, I suspect we'd find really rather a lot of
curious bugs / mis-handled exceptions in that case ;-)