[Libreoffice] limiting maximum sheet number to 10000 in 32 bit builds

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Fri Jan 6 06:12:22 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 14:52 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> > 2/ Limit on the number of sheets created by default: 20
>
> I won't implement that. We can't protect every user from his mistakes
> and IMHO we shouldn't even try to do that. If a user thinks he needs
> to set his initial number of sheets to 10000 he has to live with that.

Actually, lowering the initial number of sheets for new documents to
something lower does make sense, especially when fixing the number again
when the number was accidentally set too high is currently impossible
(since you need to at least open a new document in order to access that
option, but since opening a new document crashes you can't access that
option ever).

And it should be trivial to change the upper limit in the Defaults
option page.

If 20 is too low, then perhaps we can change that to something higher.
But we'll make adjustment as we receive more feedback later on.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc