[Libreoffice] unnecessary building basegfx twice ?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jan 6 05:45:46 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 12:26 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> in the case of pdfimport, isn't there a potential licensing problem
> because it uses GPL-licensed xpdf/poppler code?

	It should fork that stuff in another process to isolate it.

	So - I don't think that should be an issue, but Thorsten would know. In
a nutshell though the approach is right - it is a madness to ship 2x
versions of libraries when we could ship one - and having tons of stuff
as .oxts when we ship it be default is just silly :-)

	It also tends to complicate the code, the presenter view eg. has these
custom 'helper' UNO interfaces and is far more verbose and complicated
than it'd need to be if it was written natively, integrated into the
core (IMNSHO ;-)

	It'd be good to unwind all that over time.

	ATB,

		Michael.