[Libreoffice] libvisio: how can I help?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 9 02:24:08 PST 2012

Hi Bruno,

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 14:53 +0000, Bruno Girin wrote:
> I've been doing some tests with sample Visio files and I've now added a
> grand total of 7 bug reports [1].

	Nice work testing ! :-)

>  I would like to start tackling some of them but as I'm not familiar
> with the code base, I would welcome suggestions as to which ones are
> likely to be reasonably easy hacks.

	I'm not an expert on this - so treat this with a pinch of salt, until
Fridrich arrives ;-) From what I recall, most of Fridrich's filters
essentially generate SAX style events and these are rendered onto the
libwpg::WPGPaintInterface 'painter' - which in turn generates ODF.

	So - to extend it; I'd save your broken document as flat ODF: a.fodg,
then tweak it to be the document it should be and re-save as b.fodg.
When you diff -u these two files you should see the elements and
attributes that have changed.

	Armed with that, I'd poke at the libvisio code and the
WPGPaintInterface to see how it converts that good stuff, and the
attributes / elements associated with that & extend the code to handle
your cases.

	HTH,

		Michael.