[Libreoffice] npshell build / functionality [was: Re: Tinderbox failure, last success: 2011-12-05 19:05:50]

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Jan 11 01:44:37 PST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:25:12AM +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 10/01/12 23:53, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> > On 10 January 2012 22:41, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> argh, there is a SYSTEM_MOZILLA_HEADERS?  completely forgot about that,
> >> but i guess in that case changing the header isn't such a good idea
> >> after all :(
> >
> > Hmm, but does anybody use --with-system-mozilla-headers ?

Yes. And actually I think *any* distro should.

> I can't see any advantage over internal headers. (But I can't see many things.)

The advantage is that you use from system what belongs to the system. Not
LibreOffice itself.

> > I'd say, let's just remove SYSTEM_MOZILLA_HEADERS and change the internal ones.
>
> hmmm.... that is also an option... actually it looks like there are both
> headers and source files in np_sdk, and if SYSTEM_MOZILLA_HEADERS is

and the headers were always and still are a bug imho.

> set, source files are still compiled, but not against the headers in
> np_sdk, but against the system headers.

This is *exactly the point* of the option.
You say you want SYSTEM_MOZILLA_HEADERS, so they get used.

What exactly is your problem?

> this doesn't seem to make all that much sense to me, so i'll change my
> opinion again: let's remove SYSTEM_MOZILLA_HEADERS option.

NO. Why on earth do people always want to remove options to make the build
sane and instead rely on copies headers from system stuff? (Which the npapi
headers are, no matter what you argue)

Stop this nonsense, please.

[ But yes, I needed http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git;a=blob;f=patches/getMIMEDescription-mismatch.diff;h=9924877e8501d0f0e2175f6c521c0bf88a1301ba;hb=refs/heads/debian-experimental-3.5 with recent headers ]

Yes, I use --with-system-mozilla-headers. Like I use *any* system-lib
or -header possible (also for sane, x11, etc.)

Regards,

Rene