[Libreoffice] libvisio: how can I help?

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:52:22 PST 2012

On 11/01/12 09:44, Fridrich Strba wrote:

> Now, I just pushed a fix for some diagrams not having borders in
> shapes where the borders should be. Like the sample Brainstm.vsd.
> When/if I have time, I will try to go through your bugs and try to fix
> what can be fixable.

I saw you had a look at all of the bugs I filed. Thanks for the
feedback! I will have a go at progressing the arrowhead ones (#44551 and
#44576) and the pattern one (#44552).

Having said this, it raises a newby question: I have a git clone of the
LO code in one folder and a git clone of the libvisio code in another.
What is the simplest way to build and run LO so that it uses the
libvisio library I'm working on rather than the one that came with it so
that I can test my fixes?

>>> Any chance you can be on IRC during CET day?
>> I wish but no. The job that pays the bills keeps me busy during the day,
>> UK time, and doesn't let me use any software that's not part of the
>> organisation's standard build.
>
> There is always this possibility <http://webchat.freenode.net/> for
> people being behind firewalls and inflexible administrators :)

I will try but my admins also blacklist a number of web sites :-)

>> I'll try to find my way and will drop you a note if I struggle. Worst
>> case scenario, I hope I'll see you at FOSDEM in a few weeks so I may
>> take the opportunity to ask a few questions then.
>
> Wonderful! I look forward to meeting you. I am intending to make a
> small hands-on presentation/workshop about import filters. I would
> like to use the upcomming Corel Draw library (or if I have time to
> start the MS Publisher library) to show how easy it is to start
> working on filters using writerperfect framework.
>
> In preparation, I plan to write a serie of blog entries about some
> basics about LO import/export filters. Let us see whether the Lord
> gives me enough time for that.
>
> Please, keep testing, it is invaluable

No worries, I've got lots of testing material!

Bruno