[Libreoffice] unit test concept for draw/impress

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jan 13 02:04:43 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 06:10 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> I finally found some time working on a unit test concept for
> draw/impress as promised to Thorsten in Paris. (see [1])

	Looks lovely :-)

> The attached patch enables the new test concept in sd. The test is
> based on calc's filters-test concept but needs to do some additional
> steps.

> We take a import file (e.g. an ppt file) and import it into impress,
> and in the next step export it to svg. The advantage of the svg file
> is that it represents the visual representation extremely good and we
> ca easily compare it againts an reference svg file.

	I guess the svg is also pretty-printable XML (if not we should
presumably default to this in whatever export we do) so hopefully those
containing real text instead of fugly glyph data, and can be 'diff -u'd
by a hacker to see what changed quite easily, and the git diff will be
small & pretty too :-)

	IMHO the "changes to the SVG filter will break this" is no huge
problem, hopefully the SVG changes will be self contained and not affect
the visual display of features, and so we can simply re-generate the
output there over changes.

	Having a pretty XML diff tool might be nice of course, but diff -u is
fine for hackers if the XML is pretty printed :-)

	Great work !

		Michael.