[Libreoffice] unit test concept for draw/impress

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:41:24 PST 2012

Hello Caolan,

2012/1/13 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:
> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 06:10 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>> The advantage of the svg file is that it represents the visual
>> representation extremely good and we ca easily compare it againts an
>> reference svg file.
>
> How about pdf ? which has the advantage that all the apps can print to
> pdf, so can be generic across apps ?

I think that using svg for draw/impress is a good idea. BUt it should
be no big problem to use export to pdf for writer and if I use this
concept in calc a totally different approach. The only needed changes
are to find the missing component files for pdf export and to use the
correct argument to the saveToURL method. If wisehd for writer I can
easily add a test based on this concept exporting to pdf.

> Though probably using reference pdfs might highlight that we may have
> some platform dependant glyph placement differences ?

For draw/impress Thorsten suggested to prevent the export of glyphs. I
will commit a patch for that soon.