[Libreoffice] Writer table layout fix

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 16 08:43:50 PST 2012

 Hello,

 is there anybody knowledgeable enough of the Writer layout code who'd know
what the purpose of the code in the attached patch is? I intend the remove it
based on the fact that the purpose seems to be broken (assuming that I got it
right in the commit message) and that I have a testcase which is rather
broken by it:

- create new empty writer document
- modify the 'Default' style (F11->Default->->RMB->Modify->Text flow->Keep
with next paragraph) to enable keeping paragraphs together (don't ask, people
apparently can do that)
- insert an empty line
- write short text (one line)
- insert a a table
- hold Enter so that new pages are inserted after the table
- save as .doc, load again (msword loaders set the
IDocumentSettingAccess::TABLE_ROW_KEEP flag for the document, which I'm not
sure what it actually exactly does, as nobody seemed bothered enough to write
that down somewhere)
- now delete and insert again the empty line at the beginning of the document
and see the table do really weird things

 I'm not sure I get all the parts of the function right (actually I'm rather
sure I don't), but it looks broken to me to unconditionally move a table
forward just depending on whether there is something before it. Git blame
shows a CWS merge, so it is unhelpful.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz