[Libreoffice] Important details for easy woking on LibreOffice

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Jan 24 02:19:31 PST 2012

Danylo Sa píše v Ne 22. 01. 2012 v 15:12 +0100:
> Hello.
>
> People who used MS Office before has some complaints about LibreOffice:
>
>  1 - Insert number of pages is a pain in LibreOffice Writer.
>      Why all this complication for a simple task?
>
>    SOLUTION
>    --> Why don't you include the old "pagination" extension in main release?

Sounds interesting. Could you please report it into bugzilla[*] and add
cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr into CC?

Please, also add link where to find the pagination extension.

>  2 - Printing only even pages or odd pages is a pain in LibreOffice.
>      Lots of people doesn't know that left pages means "even" and right pages means "odd"
>
>    SOLUTION
>    --> Why don't you include the terms "odd" and "even" beside the "right" and "left" terms? It would be like this:
>
>          [ ] print only left pages (even)
>          [ ] print only right pages (odd)

Where do you see this this? I see the following items in
"File/Print/Page Layout/Page Sides/Include" in LO-3.4 and 3.5:

	+ "All pages"
        + "Back sides / Left pages"
	+ "Front sides / Right pages"

If you really see some confusion with the even/odd terms in recent LO >=
3.4 version, please report it into bugzilla[*] and add
christoph.spamforme at dogmatux.com into CC

[*] You might create it directly at https://bugs.freedesktop.org or use
the wizard at https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/.

> Your office suite is the best; however, it needs some tweaks.
> I love LibreOffice and God bless you all.

We are glad to hear this.

Thanks for your tips.

Best Regards,
Petr