[Libreoffice] Flat ODF usage in Git [Was: concept for c++ based subsequenttests]

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jan 24 03:21:51 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 15:27 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> unfortunately this would have less benefits than you imagine, because of
> the way xmloff writes automatic styles: they are generated anew on every
> export, in a non-deterministic order

	Wow - how non-deterministic ? randomly shuffled or ... ? ;-)

> , which results in huge spurious diffs... (at least for Writer)

	Interesting; the order is really not based on the order that the
different intersection of styles appear in the document ? I suspect this
is something that a number of people will want to improve for all those
funky "store flat odf in git" things :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.