help with tail_build

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jul 4 18:03:25 PDT 2012

Thanks gentlemen for the advise. Indeed must be the rebasing that
affects files.

About ccache, I have this

tdf at olivier-Vostro-3500:~/git/core$ ccache -s
cache directory                     /home/tdf/.ccache
cache hit (direct)                 38119
cache hit (preprocessed)            2777
cache miss                        555377
called for link                    34522
called for preprocessing           17873
multiple source files                 42
compile failed                     16381
preprocessor error                   929
bad compiler arguments              1397
unsupported source language          132
autoconf compile/link              16801
unsupported compiler option        45503
no input file                     141897
files in cache                      9547
cache size                         924.3 Mbytes
max cache size                       1.0 Gbytes

Given I don't have a second drive, what figures should I improve here?
(Notebook with i5 and 6 GB RAM)

Thanks

Olivier

Em 04-07-2012 16:50, David Ostrovsky escreveu:
> On 04.07.2012 13:20, Olivier Hallot wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> My (linux) build actually works but I face a stressing situation
>>
>> Each time I do a git pull -r and then make, then tail_build seems to
>> build from scratch and takes hours to finish, making my work a PITA.
>>
>> my autogen is this one:
>> - --with-num-cpus=4
>> - --with-max-jobs=4
>> - --with-vendor=Olivier Hallot
>> - --enable-graphite
>> - --with-lang=pt-BR en-US qtz
>> - --disable-mozilla
>>
>> I have a I5 machine with 6GB.
>>
>> I must be missing something... I'll appreciate some advise to make
>> tail_build compile faster/shorter
> Note you don't need --disable-mozilla any more. It is disabled be
> default (on master).
>
> Can you check the place in autogen.sh output if ccache was correctly
> detected?
> It sounds like you are compiling without ccache.
> Try ccache -s to check if it is working correctly (in my case):
> [...]
> cache hit (direct)                 98667
> [...]
> cache size                            23.0 Gbytes
> max cache size                    100.0 Gbytes
>
> Also it may be needed to configure ccache, add something like this in
> ~/.bashrc:
>
> # optionaly set CCACHE_DIR to second hard drive if you have one:
> export CCACHE_DIR=/mnt/your_second_hard_drive
> # set max cache size to 100 GB
> ccache -M 100
>
> Regards
> David