[PUSHED] Re: RFC - Solaris/intel/gcc patches

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 10:23:19 PDT 2012

On 10/07/12 15:46, Pierre-Eric Pelloux-Prayer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here are several patches needed to build and run LO on Solaris/intel/gcc.
> These are not enough to get LO running properly because it still crashes
> after some time (see http://pastebin.com/JKQHnt3Z)

hmmm... perhaps the unit failing unit tests in i18npool are related...

> Any comments welcomed.
>
> Some notes:
>    * the 8th patch is just a temporary workaround: it simply disable
> some failing unit tests.

haven't pushed that one yet, let's hope you can debug a few of these :)

>    *  you'll need to compile with : 'LDFLAGS="-mimpure-text" gmake' to
> avoid relocation errors (I didn't manage to properly add this LD_FLAGS
> to mk files or to figure how to prevent the issue).

that is odd; man gcc seems to imply that the problem is that something
that's linked into a SO is not properly built with -fPIC.

as a workaround you could try adding the impure option to
gb_LinkTarget_LDFLAGS in solaris.mk, which is now no longer commented out.

>    * some .so files don't have the .3 suffix, but the generated install
> script : ./solver/unxsogi.pro/bin/setup_osl.ins is looking for .so.3
> files. So manually editing this file is needed.

ah that would be because the soversion stuff is not enabled in
solaris.mk, i've pushed a fix for that.

you'll probably have to re-link everything now i.e. do
 rm -rf workdir/*/LinkTarget

thanks a lot for your work, pushed the parts of patch #3 that make
sense; patch #6 is obsolete as discussed on IRC:
this adding of -L$(gb_Library_OUTDIRLOCATION) should be completely
unnecessary; the similar -rpath-link in unxgcc.mk is only necessary
because GNU ld does not look up libraries found indirecly via RPATH via
the -L parameters; the problem is really that the use of $SOLARLIB is
commented out in solaris.mk (and i'm amazed that you got anything at all
built like that)