RFC - Solaris/intel/gcc patches

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 03:33:07 PDT 2012

Hi Pierre-Eric,

On Tuesday, 2012-07-10 15:46:15 +0200, Pierre-Eric Pelloux-Prayer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here are several patches needed to build and run LO on Solaris/intel/gcc.
> These are not enough to get LO running properly because it still
> crashes after some time (see http://pastebin.com/JKQHnt3Z)

That one looks indeed odd.. it seems the wrapper catches an exception
for each and every call to locale data, you could step into one of such
calls and see what goes wrong. I assume that somehow the locale data
couldn't be pulled in by dlopen() calls. If there is no locale data
available at all, strange things may happen in the application at any
place..

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD