minutes of ESC call ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Jul 14 04:05:04 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 09:16:38AM +0200, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> On 12.07.2012 17:55, Michael Meeks wrote:
> >	+ could we not send mails for committers' changes (Petr)
> >		+ hard to do (Bjoern)
> If something is (really) hard to do is very often just an indication
> that one is doing something completely wrong
> ;-)
>
> In that specific case it is absolutely trivially to achive (indeed
> each and every gerrit user wants and expects that behaviour):

No, its not. What was suggested, was to only notify the mailing list, if the
submitter is not in the 'commiter' groups (thus being able to push to master
himself) to raise visiblity for non-commiter/newcomer patches coming in.
This can be done with some gerrit querying:

 http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn-history/r3021/documentation/2.1.4/user-search.html

However, better to switch to stream events first.

Best,

Bjoern