minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jul 13 08:50:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 09:36 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> "At least in my understanding, firehosing information from gerrit to the
> ML was not only intended for the advanced reviewer crowd, but also for
> relative newcomers to the project, where the idea is that the discussion
> of other people's patches on the ML gave them a sense of how we treat
> those newcomers' patches, give them opportunity to pick up advice by
> osmosis, etc.

	Yep - there is clearly value in that :-) assuming we're kind and
helpful to newbies. My concern was that so much of the mail was utterly
banal - these: "+1 but not merged" with no concievably useful comment
content, embedded in a huge mess of a mail with duplicated information
etc. etc. is clearly just noise.

> "But anyway, you win a little, you loose a little, there's no setup
> perfect for all."

	Perhaps having a check-box / setting somewhere to 'send this
comment to the list' for when we did a substantive review I guess;
or ... some other magic way of both de-cruftifying the E-mails down to
just the useful content or ...

	:-)

		Michael.