Code documentation - doxygen

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jul 17 02:26:04 PDT 2012

Hi Faisal,

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 11:05 +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> On 2012-07-16 at 10:46 +0000, Faisal M. Alotaibi wrote:
> >     We are going to help in code documentation through doxygen. so
> > before we start we would like to know
> > if there any module that you suggest to start with?

	This is great work :-)

> Do you think you could search for those, and improve them ?

	I love Kendy's idea to cleanup, and improve the markup of existing
commenting so that we can use that with doxygen - that sounds like a
great high-win low effort place to start.

	After that, the problem is that ~almost all the code needs substantial
improvement, so - spending a lot of time documenting any given class is
probably not -so- worthwhile; so I wouldn't write essays on each of
them. Also - I'd stick to the C++ APIs that we have, and perhaps write
some overview documentation for modules - a good candidate might be vcl/
to start with - that has a lot of completely un-documented methods and
classes and is -very- widely used in the code.

	Looking forward to your patches ! (always best to send small patches
frequently, particularly at first, rather than saving up big changes).

	Thanks !

		Michael.