Interoperability of LibreOffice and Microsoft Office 2013

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Tue Jul 17 12:54:54 PDT 2012

I checked and Office 2013 Preview now creates ODF 1.2 documents.  They use ODF 1.1 compatible packages with very lean manifests (no inessential files).  The big thing, beside greater interop fidelity with the files I've tried so far is the support for OpenFormula in ODF Spreadsheet documents saved from Excel.  That is a big deal.

 - Dennis