[REVIEW 3-6, 3-6-0] fdo#50345 accept empty string as scalar numeric 0 argument

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 07:04:10 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 17:58 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey Eike, Kohei,
> 2012/7/19 Kohei Yoshida <kohei.yoshida at gmail.com>:
> I'm also not fully convinced of this patch. This behavior has been in
> Libreoffice since the start so IMHO it is more important to keep the
> behavior for all the LibO users than to change it again to please
> potential users switching from OOo.
>
> I think the only sane solution that will please both sides is to have
> it as configuration option but I'm not thrilled to see the default
> behavior changed again.

FWIW, what would the ideal situation be if had a time machine ? e.g.
Would a compatibility option of TreatEmptyCellsAsZero that defaulted to
true if unset, and LibreOffice >= X.Y exported it as false have made
sense ?

I mean, if it mattered enough, I suppose one could be added that is
always explicitly exported true or false and hook off the
true/false when its not set.

C.